Thursday, March 19, 2009

24 week doc visit

Today was my 24 week, monthly check up. More of the same really: pee in a cup, weight check (144.2), blood pressure (110/68), heart beat...

At this point of the visit, the doctor usually checks fundal height by pressing on my expanding belly. This time he whipped out the measuring tape though, which was a little exciting. Usually around 22 weeks or so, they can start measuring you with tape. The distance in cm from your pubic bone to the top of the uterus should correspond to how far along you are, so at 24 weeks I should measure 24 cm. The doc didn't give me a number, which I assume means I'm right on.

I don't go back for another month, but I did get my lab form to take my 1 hour glucose test, which means I get to not eat all morning, go in and drink some really sweet, nasty orange stuff and wait an hour to have my blood drawn to see if I have gestational diabetes. YUM!!! I will probably go in two weeks to do that. When I go back to see the doctor, it will be for my 28 week visit and will be more of the usual. After that, I don't think I go back until I'm 32 weeks and then I start to go every two weeks until I think I'm 37 weeks maybe, and then I believe I go once a week.

Now, while it seems like things are going pretty quickly, it doesn't feel that way at all. In fact, all day I've been extremely irritated, seemingly for no reason at all. I think it's mostly due to the crappy weather that we've had... makes for a heck of a spring break. It's also due to the school work I have to do. I'm beyond irritated with this, because of this stupid stupid group paper I have that is going NOWHERE and is due tuesday. I'm so tired of stupid busy work that takes up way too much time and causes way too much stress.. and for what.. TWO lousy credits. It's complete BS and I'm so irritated that I can barely focus on the paper. I've gotten nothing done all day. And when I have school work that's NOT getting done, that means I have house work that is ALSO NOT getting done. Laundry piling up, hair balls growing in the corners. I can't possibly do that when I have school work, so I get nowhere at all!!! ARGH!!!

Seeing how irritated I've been today, it has made me completely bored/tired of being pregnant. Sounds bad, I know!!! But it's been six months.. nothing really goes on for another 2 months... I can't really do anything until we get our furniture in and by that time I probably won't have time to because of school! There's a lot of things I can't do and things just seem to be drawing out!! I know this is common, but it still makes me feel bad that I feel this way. I'm PRAYING for a sunny day tomorrow so I can get back to normal! It really makes me miss going tanning. It used to be that if I was having a crappy, rainy, gloomy day I would go tanning and it would make me feel A LOT better. But of course I haven't been able to do that! That would make me feel a ton better.

Really.. I just need a spring break that's really a break. No school work, sunny warm weather!!! But, for me spring break is over. Group project tomorrow, work saturday and sunday and back to school on monday. AND I still have to make up my final. I wish school would just end already. I'm so so tired of it!!!! I feel like I've been going to school forever (because I have). I have no clue how I'm going to make it through another 2 months of this crap!

That was my vent for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment