Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Victory. 18

Today marks victory 18. I'm officially 18 weeks pregnant now and only 2 weeks away from being half way there. This also means that in two short (or long) days, we'll have our BIG anatomy scan which is extremely exciting.

Here is what Babycenter says about week 18:

"Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."

Beyond that, there's not much excitement today. Actually I feel quite crappy today. Not only is Justin in Ohio for work and will be there until tomorrow night, but just looking at and realizing how much work this semester will be and in how little time it has to be done in is quite depressing. I'm also not looking forward to my Psyc. clinical. I'll be a Sheppard Pratt and working with patients with dual diagnoses. So many of the patients will have maybe schizophrenia and some kind of addiction like drugs or alcohol. I'm interested to experience the group therapies and to see ECT (Electro-shock therapy) but beyond that, the idea of psyc nursing creeps me out beyond belief. I would be okay with dimentia, eating disorders, drug addictions and things like that, but mind disorders are not my thing. They're incredibly interesting, but I'm freaked out to deal with patients with these disorders. sigh.

Anyway, Here is the picture I said I'd upload from mideivel times of me, Justin, my brother Wayne and my sister-in-law Wenke.
And here are my 18 week pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment