Saturday, January 16, 2010

Post 8

Sorry for the lack of posts the past two days. While 365 consecutive posts might not be possible for me, if nothing else, it will get me to post much more frequently!

The past two days have been busy for us. Yesterday was my share day at Johns Hopkins Bayview. It went really well. I like the nurses on the unit and I really like the manager, and while they said it was "fast-paced", it wasn't as fast as I was expecting, which is fine with me. The nurse manager said she really liked me and that I should expect to hear back from the nurse recruiter by Monday. Since monday is a holiday, however, and the nurse manager probably wasn't thinking about that, I probably won't hear back until Tuesday. This gives me a little more time to try to get Hopkins main campus to move that interview closer, except that the recruiter there will be out of the office Monday and Tuesday. Ugh. I'm really interested in Pediatric Oncology so I would really like to go on the interview and shareday, but if they're not able to move it closer, I don't foresee being able to have Bayview "wait" for me to give them an answer that long. And in that case, my choice will have to be Bayview, which isn't a bad choice at all. But if they do move the interview closer, the choice will be difficult and will ultimately come down to which setting could I see myself working in for a long time. Hopefully it all works out the best way possible. At this point it's not about money or benefits or location, but about the job itself. Hopefully I'll have Someone on my side to help me make the best choice.

After my shareday Justin and I went out to dinner, alone, leaving Jackson with his parents. We went to Tidewater grille and had a great meal.

Today I slept in and it was fantastic. We then went to the store, had lunch, and joined our friends at Bert and Laura's house for a "cook-out" (food around a fire pit, and mostly inside) and some Ravens game action. I actually missed most of the game because Jackson was overtired and was really difficult to put to sleep. He is stuck to me when that's the case and I can't put him down, so we napped on the couch together. While I would have liked to see the game, from what I hear, I didn't miss much, so I'm not too bummed. And now we're home, ready for bed again, and the world is updated on our lives.

As you enjoy your weekend and your holiday on Monday, don't forget to pray for Haiti and the Hurricane victims. May they find safety and comfort and feel great love from all of the world during this time of hardship. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment