Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cereal, sweet potatos, and squash, Oh My!!!

Today, November 14th (4 days before MY birthday), my little man is celebrating his 4 month birthday. Unfortunately he has an icky cough which I'm hearing could be because of his shots that he got this past wednesday :( But nonetheless, he's still my happy, smiling, refusing to sleep little dude.

I last updated about how he is eating rice cereal and eating like a champ. Well last Sunday (Nov 8th) we decided to try out some squash. And the faces he gave were quite amusing. He wasn't feeling the squash so much, but after a few days he definitely changed his mind. Then, yesterday on Friday the 13th, he tried out some sweet potatos and he loved them immediately. I have to say, I'm very happy he's such a good eater. Along with being a good eater, however, he has also become a good pooper of almost normal poops. Not at all like those newborn poops used to be. I can honestly say I miss them.

Jackson is also now 14 lbs 10 oz and he is 24 1/2 inches long. Surprisingly though, he's only in the 25th to 50th percentile for his weight, height and head circumference. At least he's proportional.

In the past few weeks Jackson has done some exciting things. He went to the Poly/City game with Justin and I where we watched Poly win (Poly is my highschool and Poly vs. City is one of the oldest high school rivalries in the nation and the game is played at Raven's stadium), he went to an autograph signing with us where he met Ray Rice, #27 of the Baltimore Ravens, and he had his first sleepover at Grandma's house. He might have a few more of those this month as Justin travels a lot so I'll need the extra help.

Pretty soon, Jackson will get to have his first Thanksgiving, and while he won't be eating our foods, he might get his own treat of fruit for the first time. What an exciting month it's turning out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment